Birthdays, One of my favorite events ever! I love them. When I was a kid, my parents and grandparents teamed up and made a beautiful table filled with cakes, sweets, sandwiches and more. They would make everything on their own, and almost never they bought anything that was served on that table.
So now, I am the mom. And as I had no team to pull this off! I had to bake for 3 nights in order to make it. I almost lost it at a certain moment but at the end, it was all done and perfect when the first guests appeared. *Thank God*
They first thing I had to do was find a theme. I was going to go with unicon, but Hey! probably this is the only birthday I will chose the theme. So I went for Urban Jungle/ Cactus Party. Chose a color theme of greens, rose, white and gold and started planning. I was on a budget as well so planning was key.
The budget was 120 euro for 30 guests (4 euro per p.) So my best friends were IKEA, Amazon, Lidl and Cakeville. And I am sure I didn't overspend.
What I Served:
- Ikea Hot Dog Party Pack. 32 sausages with buns, sauces and toppings. I covered the jars and bottles with some rose coloured ribbon I had at home, just to make it fit with the colors of the table. (19.99)
- Cactus Cakepops (recipe here) and added some licorice sprinkles I had at home. I used a cake from the box for this. Smash it and mix it with frosting.
- Oreo Pops. The vegan alternative of the table. they are just Oreos on a stick with some Candy melt on top to match the cactus theme.
- Cactus on a pot Cupcakes. I baked cupcakes on real terracotta pots (30ct each pot) I used the cakepop dough to make the tall cactus and covered it with frosting. Added some succulent with fondant and powder sugar.
- Almond mini pink cakes from IKEA (3 euros per 4pack)
- Proviant Drinks to mtach the table colors
- One Nut-Free Carrot Cake covered in fondant (recipe coming soon)
- Julia's GlutenFree Cherry Choc Cake covered in frosting.
- Gummibears from IKEA
Happy Birthday Sign and Tassels from Amazon
Rose and White balloons from Amazon
Cacti from IKEA
Leaves from my Monstera
The Cakes were the most important. The Cherry Choc cake was covered in butter frosting and I added some rose coloured Peonies (my favorite flower) I wanted to go for a rustic look on this one. Placed it on a wooden tray upside down.
The Carrot Cake, was supposed to be covered on fondant and hand painted with little cacti. But I was WAY too ambitious, and having a teething baby let me no time. But that is when you improvise! I added the fondant, candle and pasted one leaf of my Monstera plant. It looked beautiful and, until now, no one knew it wasn't planned.
Pepa Wore a Zara Kids romper with palms and flowers and I had jeans and a tropical blouse I got from ASOS. All our guests and little guests arrived, ate, played and had fun in the kitchen and terrace. We had fun, so much fun!
We were so happy mit friend Katja from Glowbus brought her camera and documented beautifully this day for us! Thanks babe!
Thank you everyone for being part of it, for bringing fun to Pepa's Party, for playing, eating and laughing with us! Without you it wouldnt have been as amazing as it was!
I'm Andrea - a food enthusiast and blogger. Recently I noticed I have been answering a lot of questions about what I buy for my daughter Pepa, or what are my thoughts in certain "mom stuff". This is how I realised I should start a blog about being mom.. Or "Mom" like me! I hope to share my thoughts, amazing, things I buy and amazing recipes with other moms, just like me!