Halloween is one of my favorite things ever! But sadly in Germany it is really hard to find cool costumes for kids... As I am not a pink pink glitter glitter kind of gal, I thought about going crazy fun for our Halloween costumes. But I wanted to be able to still wear the things we got.. no waste for just one day. So I decided to go as Wayne & Garth from Wayne's World:
Wayne always uses ripped jeans, a black tshirt, a plaid shirt and his black "Wayne's World baseball cap". So we looked for some of the pieces we were missing in H&M and Amazon
- 90s Plaid shirt. (We found it on the boys collection in H&M for 14,99) This is the only piece that isn't much a Waynes piece, but it is cold in Berlin, and I imagine Wayne would have one of these. Didn't we all in the 90s?
- A plain Black t-shirt (Buy it in H&M for 3,99 click here)
- White sneakers. Pepa's kicks are limited edition but any would do like this Adidas Stan Smith.
- Ripped Jeans we made ourselves a while ago (check blogpost here)
- Mullet wig from Amazon (buy here)
- A black baseball cap. We bought ours in a market or I don't know where you can get one in H&M or Zara. don't worry if it has already a design as we are going to paste the logo over it.
Garth is known by his blond messy hair, glasses, bands tshirt, ripped jeans and a plaid shirt as well. This was easier as I already had all items... except of the blonde hair. So I got myself a blonde wig from Amazon
As Pepa was just 1.5 years old, I cut the wig and sew it to the cap. it is quite easy as there is a net where the hair is sewn to. don't be afraid. you have enough hair in a wig to have at least 3 tries :)
I really had no time to make this costume.. My original idea was to paint the logo by hand, but ended up printing the logo in paper and just fixing it with double tape. And it looked awesome!
We got loads of compliments for our costume.. on the party we went, on the streets... It is crazy how many German people know Wayne's World. Here is the logo for you to print:
And what I brought to Mims and Kelly's Party? I had WAY too little time, so I went super Pinterest and made this:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN YOU ALL! What are you going to be for Halloween?
I'm Andrea - a food enthusiast and blogger. Recently I noticed I have been answering a lot of questions about what I buy for my daughter Pepa, or what are my thoughts in certain "mom stuff". This is how I realised I should start a blog about being mom.. Or "Mom" like me! I hope to share my thoughts, amazing, things I buy and amazing recipes with other moms, just like me!